At 11 o’clock this morning in the ‘belly of the beast’ – Canary Wharf, home to some of London’s biggest financial institutions – TUSC launched their 2015 manifestos for the general and local authority elections.
5 Key Pledges:
- End cuts and austerity. For a democratic socialist society run in the interests of the millions not the billionaires.
- Trade union rights to fight low pay. £10 an hour minimum wage now, scrap zero hour contracts.
- A mass council home building programme and immediate introduction of rent controls.
- Scrap student fees. Free education as a right for all.
- For democratic public ownership of our NHS, railways, public services, utilities and banks.
TUSC is fielding the fastest growing general election challenge, standing in over 130 parliamentary seats and over 600 council seats on May 7, it is the newest political party to have an election broadcast this year on Friday, 17 April 2015.
TUSC’s rapid growth is down to its unique anti-austerity policies.